The official publication of the North American Conference on British Studies (NACBS), the Journal of British Studies, has positioned itself as the critical resource for scholars of British culture from the Middle Ages through the present. Drawing on both established and emerging approaches, JBS presents scholarly articles and books reviews from renowned international authors who share their ideas on British society, politics, law, economics, and the arts. In 2005 (Vol. 44), the journal merged with the NACBS publication Albion, creating one journal for NACBS membership.
The North American Conference on British Studies (NACBS) is a scholarly society dedicated to all aspects of the study of British civilization. Anyone interested in British institutions, society, history, literature, and culture is cordially invited to join . Your NACBS membership includes the following benefits:
- subscription to the Journal of British Studies
- discounted NACBS conference registration
- voting rights to elect NACBS officers (during voting period members with password can vote online through a secure server)
- discounted subscription to related journals (for example, Twentieth Century British History offers NACBS members a 20% discounted journal subscription rate)
- discounted books from select publishers
- access to the NACBS Directory
- online access to your journal account and your directory record
- application for free, individual memberships to the Institute of Historical Research, University of London, available to current members of the NACBS on a first-come, first-served basis. Preference will be given to dissertation writers and junior faculty members. Contact Dr. Paul Deslandes, NACBS Executive Secretary for details.
Memberships for 2016 are available through the NACBS secure server provided by Cambridge University Press. This site provides an online registration form with e-commerce, or an alternative printable form for those who would prefer to register offline.
A note for existing members: If you are already a member of the NACBS you can renew your membership quickly and simply online through the NACBS member portal. Please access the member portal, log-in using the username and password you should have already received, then click the ‘renew’ button.
Any questions related to NACBS membership can be directed to the member services team at Cambridge University Press:
Email: USmemberservices@cambridge.org; Phone: (845) 353 7500; Fax: (845) 353 4141
All NACBS members have access to a secure area where they are able to update their profile, renew their membership, access the member directory, shop for discounted books and journals, complete the member survey, register for the annual conference, vote in NACBS elections and more.
You should have received your username or password by email from Cambridge University Press. If you do not know your username and/or password, you can also contact Cambridge University Press using the following details:
- Telephone: (845) 353 7500
- E-mail: USmemberservices@cambridge.org